Employer: Government Agency
Date: August 2021
Department: Finance Unit
Responsible to: Director of Administration
- Master’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting or other related disciplines;
- Must be a chartered member of a recognized and relevant professional body (e.g. ICA-GH, ACCA, CIMA)
- Perform the Authority’s accounting operations and determine revenues and expenditures.
- Work with the account team to perform financial planning, analysis, and reporting activities.
- Responsible for devising strategies, implementing and monitoring those strategies to generate revenue for the Authority.
- Responsible for monthly revenue forecasts from licensing activities from all 16 regions.
- Generate monthly revenue and expenditure reports to management.
- Oversee financial transactions and process invoices in a timely manner.
- Prepare accounting records and financial reports as per the Authority’s standards.
- Provide financial expertise based on the Authority’s financial commitments and forecasts.
- Perform reconciliations of account receivables and payables.
- Assist in financial audits and implement audit recommendations.
- Work in compliance with the Authority’s accounting standards and guidelines.
- Present account reconciliation summary to management on regular basis.
- Utilize software applications for the Authority’s accounting operations.
- Perform record-keeping of all financial operations.
- Identify and resolve outstanding balances on monthly basis.
Salary: Government of Ghana Single Spine Salary Level based on Academic qualifications and experience.
Range = GH¢3,000.00 – GH¢3,500.00
- Undertaking any other duties as required as appropriate.
- In-depth knowledge in financial management laws, regulations and fiscal policies
- Good knowledge in labour laws and regulations
- Good leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Negotiating, lobbying and conflict management skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Knowledge in relevant IT applications
- Good strategic management skills
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills
- High integrity and good ethical standard • Knowledge in Administrative procedures
- Report Writing.