Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting applications from qualified Operations Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the USAID-funded West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions Development (WABiLED) Activity. The DCOP-Ops will provide management and administrative leadership to the WABiLED program region-wide and will ensure compliance with Tetra Tech’s and USAID’s procedures and policies. The DCOP-Ops will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program finance and operations in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments as required. The DCOP-Ops will report to the Chief of Party (COP).
- Serve as the Unit Lead for the Finance, Grants and Operations Unit and directly supervise finance, grants, administrative and operations staff;
- Prepare monthly financial reports and budget projections;
- Oversee the management of local grants and subcontracts ensuring compliance with all requirements, including financial monitoring and close coordination with the M&E and technical teams working on grants;
- Supervise the implementation and enforcement of personnel policies and practices; and
- Supervise office management and operations, logistics, procurement and travel and provide backstopping and support to the Chief of Party.
- Provide mentoring to the Finance Manager for possible future DCOP/Ops opportunities
- Serve as Acting Chief of Party as needed based on agreement with the CoP and/or PM
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Advanced degree preferred;
- At least two years of COP or DCOP of Operations experience on a USAID contract, or equivalent;
- Knowledge and experience of USAID and/or other international donor rules and regulations;
- Experience overseeing multiple program areas simultaneously, including hiring, training and supervision of local personnel; financial management including budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting of finances and procurement;
- Demonstrated history of providing deliverables on time and within budget;
- Fluency in English required, fluency in French preferred;
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and especially strong interpersonal skills with government, civil society, and private sector stakeholders;