Essential functions include:
- Lead and oversee the engagement with implementing partners and support to them in data analysis and presentation of the data and findings to USAID
- Undertake assessments and analysis of ongoing USAID activities in Ghana in order to help USAID understand and adjust to the possible programmatic impacts of current and future programs and activities, and Implementing Partners
- Organize and supervise the day-to-day programmatic activities, including the evaluations and assessments, monitoring activities, data quality assessments, and other activities as requested by USAID, such as implementing partner meetings
- Manage select technical staff as needed
- May serve as the team leader of select assessments and serve as Acting COP during absences of the COP
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A Master’s degree in evaluation, agriculture, economics, governance, international development, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of demonstrated experience in international development.
- At least five (5) years of experience recruiting and successfully managing teams with a focus on high quality of their products.
Experience and Skills
- Experienced in the design and management of evaluations (impact and performance), analyses and assessments, including the design of the evaluation methodology, primary data collection methods and protocols, and data verification techniques.
- Experience supervising staff working on evaluation and monitoring tasks
- Understanding of knowledge management as it relates to USAID programs an asset
- Ability to work with host-country governments at different levels
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Familiarity with USAID/Ghana Mission is preferred
- Superior skills in written and verbal English required
- Ghanaian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply