The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will support the Chief of Party (COP) in overseeing project implementation and will have a role in providing direct technical support to staff and partners. The DCOP will assist the COP with the development and implementation of the project’s vision, strategy, and technical direction, ensuring timely progress against schedules, achievement and quality of deliverables, and quality of results. S/he will supervise and coordinate the technical and field activity implementation team, across the focus countries, and will serve as the secondary institutional liaison with USAID. Essential Job Functions:
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
- Assist the Chief of Party with strategic and operational planning, including work planning, and ensure project compliance with all reporting and financial requirements of USAID and FHI 360.
- Supervise and ensure the strong performance of a team of FHI 360 and partner staff dedicated to the project and responsible for coordinating all activities and providing technical assistance and capacity building support to project staff, grantees, and stakeholders.
- Assist the Chief of Party in creating and maintaining good working relationships with USAID, subawardees, counterparts in focus countries, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Establish appropriate monitoring mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported and that project objectives are met.
- Coordinate and contribute to all quarterly performance reports, contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities, and lead select activities aimed at fostering project learning and adaptive management.
- Manage long-term staff and short-term advisors, and partner staff dedicated to SCS-CRP, in a respectful and transparent manner, ensuring achievement of project results.
- 10+ years of experience managing complex international programs (implementation, logistics, budgeting, staffing), preferably those funded by USAID, those conducted in West African countries, and/or regional or multi-country programs.
- Masters or higher degree in a relevant field such as conflict resolution, international development, law, political science, or related social sciences.
- Demonstrated success as a project manager with organizational skills to successfully manage and coordinate large and disparate work groups.
- Proven leadership and experience implementing and providing technical assistance to civil society strengthening, peacebuilding, youth engagement, community resilience, and/or preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) projects.
- Proven human resource management skills and demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing in English and French will be an advantage.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates may follow the application instructions below for detailed information about each position and how to apply.
1. Go to http://www.fhi360.org/careers
2. Click on Search Jobs for the position numbers assigned to each position
3. Create an account and follow the application instructions
Deadline for application is May 19th, 2022. Due to the volume of applications please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.