Immediate Supervisor: Head, Supply Chain
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for applying analytical, statistical data analysis and modeling skills towards the achievement of the company’s business objectives.
- Be a champion of continuous improvement about the existing systems and processes and always be on the lookout for best practices.
- Leverage customer and sales intelligence and continually tap into the market intelligence to fine-tune Demand Plan through review meetings.
- Use early warning indicators for potential upside-downside demand risks and proactively take steps to mitigate those risks.
- Understand and keep records of Key assumptions during Demand Planning process for future reference creating the essential knowledge repository needed for process enhancement and knowledge sharing.
- Always be on the lookout to integrate customer demand strategies into the supply chain database.
- Drive forecast improvement projects by regularly monitor the accuracy of the consensus forecast, making regular reviews with Production, Sales & Marketing teams.
- Build excellent working relations with top/key customers.
- Have superior business knowledge including the business environment, market intelligence and understand the impact of seasonability, Merchandise, external economic factors and competitive activities on the Demand Planning process.
- Familiarity with statistics.
- Analytical thinking
- Creative thinking
- Presentation skills
- Ability to follow and understand big picture economic trends.
- Strong applied Math’s Skills.
- Understanding of statistical Modelling.
- Excellent database and Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
- Knowledge of inventory Metrics.
- Ability to turn numbers and data into reliable insight.
- Understanding of Seasonability and times of peak demand.
- Cross functional collaboration skills.
Education and Experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics or related field in Inventory or Production Planning with at least 3 years working experience in a reputable Manufacturing Company.