Responsibilities / Duties
- Manage multiple delinquent accounts for debt collection efforts.
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts.
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments.
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans.
- Handle questions or complaints.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in payments or accounts.
- Office and database software skills (Word, excel, Power point)
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Speaking and listening skills
- Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Prioritization skills
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Customer service
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations and be empathetic to help calm down disgruntled customers
- Have prior experience in telemarketing or negotiated sales positions.
- Must have experience in an office setting.
- Inventory management
- Purchase order
- Resolve credit
- Minimum requirement HND
- Courses required to work as a Debt Collector.
- Marketing and sales degree/HND
- Accounting HND
- Finance HND
- or any related course