To manage and maintain security systems, explore and preempt potential vulnerabilities and keep systems constantly at par with most current trends
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- A cybersecurity analyst protects an organization from cyberthreats and actively develops protocols used to respond to and quell cyberattacks. Cybersecurity analysts protect organizational infrastructure, such as computer networks and hardware devices, from cybercriminals and hackers seeking to cause damage or steal sensitive information.
- A cybersecurity analyst is a trained cyber professional who specializes in network and IT infrastructure security. The cybersecurity analyst thoroughly understands cyberattacks, malware, and the behavior of cybercriminals, and actively seeks to anticipate and prevent these attacks. The analyst usually possesses at least a bachelor's degree in cybersecurity or a related field.
A cybersecurity analyst protects company hardware, software, and networks from cybercriminals. The analyst's primary role is to understand company IT infrastructure in detail, to monitor it at all times, and to evaluate threats that could potentially breach the network. The cybersecurity analyst continuously looks for ways to enhance company network security and protect its sensitive information.
The cybersecurity analyst is also responsible for:
Configuring tools: This may come in the form of virus software, password protectors, and vulnerability management software. They will evaluate what the company needs and use these tools to protect its information.
Reporting: The analyst will detail what is currently going on in the network and evaluate its strengths. One of the skills needed is learning to read these reports. They will show what is well-protected and indicate if there is any unusual activity in the network.
Evaluate weaknesses: No network is fully secure, but the goal is to make it as secure as possible. Part of the job is to continuously test all company networks and find weaknesses before bad actors or external threats can compromise them.
A cybersecurity analyst typically works within an organization such as a corporation, a government agency, or a non-profit, and strives to keep their employer’s sensitive, proprietary, and personal information safe from threats.
In this job, a security analyst works within a team to identify flaws in their employer’s security systems and proactively develop solutions. Their investigations aren’t solely concerned with preventing exterior threats; often, an analyst will also assess risks to the company’s internal network and physical offices.
The cybersecurity analyst job description also includes examining reports, data, and analytics to identify suspicious activity and threats. Analysts then use that collected information to develop protections and inform their company’s choice of security software.
They may also provide advice to company leadership on what they can do to improve their security and organize training programs to help non-technical employees better understand and adhere to the organization’s security policies.
A cybersecurity job description falls within the IT sector’s jurisdiction. This job is well-suited to tech-savvy professionals who enjoy creatively thinking about new solutions, coding, and exploring new tech. A solid understanding of how systems and networks operate can be critical to success in the field. As part of your job, you might be expected to do the following:
Monitor computer networks and systems for threats and security breaches
Install, alter, and update security software and firewalls
Test systems for potential vulnerabilities
Develop systems and processes for security best practices throughout the company
Prepare reports on security incidents and changing responses
Required Skills or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or an educational equivalent
- Experience in working with information security or other relevant work experience
- Knowledge of penetration testing, network security, and the techniques used to expose and correct security flaws
- A broad understanding of security technologies including firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus software, and IDPs
- The ability to identify and spotlight vulnerabilities on on-premises and remote networks, correct problems, and prevent security breaches
- Responsibility and conscientiousness, including proper management of patches to defray business impact while keeping security protocols up-to-date
- The ability to think critically and innovatively about the security solutions that can keep data safe while still allowing a business to flourish
- Advanced knowledge of Python and Python Web frameworks.
- Knowledge of RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Experience using Git.
- Good written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix is required.
- The ability to perform and oversee complex tasks and prioritize multiple tasks based on overall strategic goals.
- The proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated with minimal supervision and assistance.
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment and adapt to change.
- The proven ability to be a team player with a collaborative orientation and the ability to effectively interact with, and influence, internal and external stakeholders.
- The capability to interface with multiple levels of the organization and to serve as an influence leader.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Familiarity and experience working with common third-party APIs.
- A proven ability to quickly and efficiently analyze problems and offer effective and workable solutions.
- Self-development skills with a willingness to keep up to date with fast changing trends.
N.B: BSc in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is an advantage but NOT required.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.