Custom Index Manager
Software & Data
S&P Global is seeking an experienced and talented Custom Index Manage in charge to manage a wide range of indices covering mostly Capital markets - equities, fixed income, commodities, derivatives and real estate. The Index Manager must be able to analyze and implement complex index methodology and solve non-routine problems on an on-going basis and have experience and ability to interact with S&P proprietary calculation systems and work with large and complex data sets in excel.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Preparing and calculating client custom indices. This includes performing analytical research on companies to determine the composition of the index, adjusting data in our calculation system, and adjusting the data to conform to the rules of the index.
- Must ensure timely and accurate delivery of real-time and end-of-day index data to clients and end users.
- Preparing and delivering announcements as they relate to index changes to clients and end users in advance of the implementation of the changes.
- Maintain, update and troubleshoot complex index models in excel on a daily basis
- Provide customer service to existing custom index clients as it pertains to their indices.
- Quantitative analyses of index returns, weights and constituents.
- Manages and maintain relationships with key members of other groups within S&P Index Services, across other S&P departments, particularly IT.
- Successfully work with S&P proprietary calculation systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance strongly preferred CFA level 1 or 2 qualification preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Detail oriented with ability to consistently perform daily production tasks
- Familiarity with S&P’s proprietary index calculation engines strongly preferred
- Understanding of global financial markets
- Ability to assume responsibility, work with others and manage projects
- Ability to learn new data and calculation platforms in a limited time
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work done by multiple people and / or groups
- Experience dealing with customers in a time-sensitive demanding environment where interpretation of data has both objective and subjective components requiring persuasion and influencing skills
- Minimum of 2+ year of professional experience in index management or market.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.