What You Will Do
● Lead a growing Country team to achieve goals and implement country strategy.
● Manage the budget and ensure financial and auditing systems are implemented and that the organization is run efficiently and effectively.
● Business Development – grow, diversify and secure funding from new and existing partners and funding sources including managing relationships with existing and new clients
● Report to the CEO and produce recommendations of expansion efforts
● Recruit and lead a team effectively
● The ability to manage partnerships
2. Research and identify new business opportunities
● Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
● Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these needs
● Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
● To understand consumer behavior, preferences and apply industry innovations to achieve business objectives.
● Seek ways of improving the way the business operates, attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
● Keep abreast of trends and changes in our industry
● Create a sales pipeline whilst increasing the sales of the business
● Canvassing assigned territories to present company products to potential customers.
This will involve developing an in-depth understanding of the various company’s products.
● Create innovative sales campaigns and implementation strategies
● Contacting leads and setting up appointments to present company products.
● Managing the global clients’ portfolio and ensuring the cross-selling of new products to existing Global Clients
● Ensuring 100% renewal of all portfolios assigned to manage by following through with the broker and clients at ensuring renewal is concluded
4. Onboarding and customer experience
● Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch pointsDiscuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
● Ensuring is the process of bringing on a new clients/partners are seamless through onboarding
What You Need:
● Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
● Excellent communication skills used to initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
● Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients
● Written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills
● The ability to adapt to limited resources to start off as your team will be small and your resources
● Team Working skills and a collaborative approach to work
● Decision-making skills
● The ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
● Project management and organisational skills
● The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
● negotiating skills
● The ability to think strategically
● The ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
● A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
● Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch
● Ability to follow the core structures, process and frameworks given to you from inception to make sure you drive the right outcomes.
Preferred Background and Experience
● Has led a team
● 4 years within a leadership position
● Excellent understanding of entrepreneurship development in Ghana
● Experience in a similar position - setting up, project managing, or leading a program in Ghana- Evidence of being an entrepreneurial and strategic
● Ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities and work cooperatively to build networks and satisfy needs of internal and external stakeholders.
● Demonstrated ability to coach others especially entrepreneurs and help them develop and grow and to work sensitively with diverse people, cultures and communities.
● Excellent writing and communications skills
● Good computer skills and presentation skills
● Ability to understand and use web based applications and platforms.
● Spoken and written fluency
What We Offer:
● Strength, Stability, and Vision
● A collaborative team of creative thinkers to brainstorm with
● A culture that embraces your eccentricities and allows you to breathe
● A technology platform that is revolutionizing the African investing industry
● An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters
● Healthcare benefits and competitive leave days (and many more)
● We can provide the solution for our own customers directly but we can also enable businesses and their customers to do the same thing in as short a time as 4 weeks
● We have a powerful self service tool that means any business can onboard a client, fund for the client and trade in one day without any integration.
● To build the starting Ghana team
● To integrate with as many businesses as possible to offer local and global trading to their end customers or to invest for themselves locally and globally
● To continue our expansion efforts to other countries in Africa and other continents
● To keep removing barriers to investing for African clients but also global clients looking to invest in Africa. A few steps towards that will include adding more assets (stocks in other currencies, funds, managed solutions, etc), expand beyond Africa (Europe, US , Asia offices and clients)