Job Family: Networks
Reports to: Team Leader – Core Network
Job Speciality: Operations
The Core CS Engineer will be responsible for managing, supervising and providing Expertise support in fault resolution on the Core Network, to ensure switching equipment availability and proper functionality at all times.
Works under minimal supervision, may assist less experienced peers. Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy and meeting objectives. Extensive-latitude for independent judgment.
Level of Impact:
• Severe network disruptions resulting in loss of revenue
• Poor network quality resulting in bad brand image
• Increased operational costs
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contribute their expertise to development and transfer of knowledge to NOC.
- Lead/participate in all Network activities, organization, changes/upgrades and ensure that appropriate decisions are made.
- Management of ALL Operations and Maintenance procedures and processes.
- Manage integration of new equipment or new functionalities and supervising implementation.
- Support actions conducted on the Core Network.
- Provide support to Operation and Maintenance teams concerning functioning of technical equipment, Technical documentation (procedures…), train and transfer knowledge to teams.
- Provide technical expertise by analyzing dysfunctions and implementing unusual network operations with vendor concerning integration, alteration and optimization of operations.
- Follow up equipment evolution (new products…), update documents.
- Follow up overall performance of network equipment; implement procedures in order to optimize Core Network.
- Implement solutions on the Network leading to performance improvement and correction in conjunction with the Planning and Quality team.
- Functionality evaluation and implementation suggestions in Company’s network.
- Testing (e2e), evaluation and rollout of RAN/MSS functionalities and SW releases.
- Hardware testing & integration of new MSS/ network elements/expansions.
- MSS Network audit
- Manage through processes and procedures MSS operational activities (e.g. backups, Node health checks, preventive maintenance, HW/SW updates, etc.) and network troubleshooting.
- Provide expertise training to Network maintenance field Technicians on the various fault diagnosis and measurements procedures, to result in improved efficiency of teams and higher equipment availability.
- Escalate major/critical system faults or equipment malfunction to vendor level 1 support
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Works on special projects and assignments as requested by Technical Support Manager
• Advanced Switching subsystem Operations Knowledge
• IP networking
• Experience in Telecommunication operation equipment, installation and deployment.
• Good knowledge of Telecommunication network equipment and operations..
• Good knowledge of Network operations.
• GSM training.
• Business awareness
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Excellent planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
• Interpersonal skills.
• Team player.
• Teaching skills.
• Able to take initiatives.
Qualification and Requirements
• Degree in telecommunications, that you are core network engineer of telecom area or other relevant training.
• Have more than 3 years’ experience in Telecom area, one of the following technologies: core network including IMS or NGN, Packet Core, HLR/HSS/PCRF is an advantage.
• Ability to implement and supervise installation, commission and testing independently (including survey and acceptance).
• Strong troubleshooting skills, FLM / SLM.
• Strong communication ability.
• Driving license is an advantage (customer visits)
• Fluent language skills in English, both spoken and written are an absolute requirement.
• Passionate motivated and committed.