Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure consistent and high- quality products are produced
- Exhibiting culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the kitchen staff and managing all food related functions
- Management of the kitchen while demonstrating leadership, maintaining food safety, working closely with the restaurant manager in the overall food operations by deriving strategies on how to maximize profit, as well as market approaches to widen our customer base.
- Inspect several times daily, all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health and Safety regulations to avoid spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and give completed checklists to the restaurant manager.
- Liaise with the restaurant manager to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the restaurant.
- Knowledge in first aid, fire, and emergency procedures is an added advantage, in order to operate kitchen equipment safely and sensibly.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Experience in working within budget constraints
- Diploma/Certificate in cookery
- NVTI Certificate in Catering
- Computer Literacy is an added advantage.