Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting, vetting and reviewing all types of Contracts/Agreements, Addendums, Extensions, Amendments and other related documentation on an on-going basis and providing updates to management.
- Preparing and updating the MIS of Executed Contracts with key terms.
- Following up with all business stakeholders for closing legal matters taking cognizance of the essence of time and its effects on business activities.
- Periodic review of statutory and regulatory compliance requirements under various statutes required for factories and commercial establishments.
- Monitoring Labour law, Environmental law, Factories act and other legal Compliances and ensuring that the company is well covered in all these areas.
- Coordinating with Legal consultant/liaison agencies in other countries for legal cases, disputes resolutions and preparation of contracts as per local laws.
- Coordinating with Management for consultation, strategic direction, IT Governance, Risk, Audit and Compliances.
- Ensuring Information and Privacy Compliance across Ghana and other international areas where the business exists.
- Legal Document Repository – Managing and overseeing the Company’s commercial contracting activities, including contract forms and legal contracts repository.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and account owners/departments to educate internal stakeholders on compliance, legal and data protection requirements and to continuously promote a culture of compliance, integrity and data protection internally.
- Providing Counsel with assistance and support in the creation of structures and environment for ethical and legal compliances and supporting the enforcement of global compliance policies that are applicable across multiple business units.
- Post-execution tasks including archiving.
- Dispute resolution and monitoring, and advising the Company on strategy relating to any disputes or threatened disputes.
- Monitoring contracts and moving forward with closeouts, extensions or renewals according to the best strategies for the company.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Law. A Master of Laws degree from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must have been called to the Ghanaian bar.
- Must have at least 10 to 15 years of experience as a contract manager, paralegal, or similar role in a law firm or an in-house legal department of a large-scale organization .
- Must have approximately 5 years of direct supervisory and managerial experience.
- Prior experience from preferably terminal or shipping industry or alternative related industry within transport or supply chain management is preferred.
- A deep understanding of the various links between other functional areas.
- A broad and international experience with a proven track record of success.
- Ability to work with confidence both locally and globally.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have extensive knowledge of terminal operations practices and principles, and be familiar with all aspects of systems support for a terminal, including software applications, equipment, and work flow.
- Must have a working knowledge of managerial and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other management team members and lead a department of technically proficient individuals.
- Must have extensive knowledge of safety, health and environmental issues as they affect the workplace, including local regulations, national requirements, and governmental agency requirements, and be familiar with maritime codes.
- Must have working knowledge of labour law, company policies and procedures, and general work rules and standard operating procedures for a terminal.
- Must have ability to negotiate and build relationships at all levels.
- Must be target oriented, energetic and able to motivate other people, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate across the organization.
- Trustworthy, ambitious and able to work highly independently and in teams.
- Must have demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Must be able to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities, and be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.