- Publishing articles to a network of blogs and websites
- Producing content for newsletters
- Participating in a weekly phone catch up with the blog publisher
- Collating a weekly blog post of news and activity around the web
- Other editorial and administrative duties as may be required
The role is a remote working role, liaising with two other team members, one based in the UK and one in Ghana.
A dynamic, enthusiastic person is sought to support the growth of a blog focused on Creative Economy, Popular Culture, and Historical Memory. The candidate will have:
- Good attention to detail
- An interest in journalism and digital publishing
- An interest in African, black, and global culture, politics, and society
- Good knowledge of WordPress as a content management system
- Good email, and social media etiquette
- A friendly, humble, and open attitude and ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Punctual, conscientious, and dedicated
- Good design skills or the desire to develop them
- Enthusiasm and creative flair with digital and social media content
- Experience in social media management, including messaging apps – like WhatsApp, Telegram, and Signal
We’re able to offer a base salary of 390 Cedis for a time commitment of 20 hours across the week.
Terms of Engagement
This is an associate position on a contractual the basis on a 1-month rolling basis initially – after which the renewal basis extends to 3 months; continued engagement is subject to funding.