Inclusion Ghana (IG) is the peak network
organisation working for the inclusion of persons with intellectual and
developmental disability (PWIDDs) and their families in Ghana by advocating for
their rights. It was founded in 2009 and is a member of Inclusion Africa,
Inclusion International and Down Syndrome International. In December 2014, Inclusion
Ghana became a full member of the Ghana Federation of Disability Organizations
(GFD), and collaborates fully with other disability organizations in Ghana and
beyond the borders of Ghana.
As part of its overall organizational sustainability, IG seeks to significantly build its capacity in current fundraising trends, approaches and strategies, as it particularly pertains to non-profit organizations. This is essential to enable IG continue to undertake its core organizational activities and also implement interventions for the benefit of PWIDDs and their parents in Ghana.
Therefore, IG is seeking the services of an individual or organization with demonstrated skills and proven record of supporting similar organizations enhance their practical skills and knowledge, leading to substantial increase in raising funds to support their core activities and development projects.
Description of Responsibilities
The Consultant will report to the National Coordinator of Inclusion Ghana.
The Consultant is expected to:
- Conduct capacity assessment of key IG staff and National Council (Board) members in relation to current fundraising trends & approaches, donor mapping, the art of selling fundraising product, networking & building relationships with previous and potential donors, proposal development including logical framework/Results framework analysis and any other areas deemed important by the Consultant;
- Prepare fundraising capacity assessment report which clearly identifies areas of focus for training of IG staff and National Council (Board) members;
- Plan and undertake 4-day training of IG Staff and National Council members in fundraising, giving more focus on priority areas identified in the capacity assessment report. It is expected that National Council members will not participate in more technical areas such as proposal writing and Logical framework/Result framework analysis;
- As part of the training, provide IG staff with hands-on practice on completing proposal/application form together with accompanying logical framework/result framework as required EU/USAID grants/funding.
- Provide technical guidance towards the development of IG’s long-term fundraising strategy and corresponding annual action plans;
- Provide technical input into the development of external communications guidelines to help boost Inclusion Ghana’s visibility to corporate and other donors.
It is expected that the Consultant will conduct fundraising capacity assessment, produce a report on capacity assessment, design and implement effective training for IG Staff and National Council members within 4 weeks of contract signing.
The Lead Consultant:
- Must have at least 10 years relevant, demonstrated experience of supporting non-profit or similar organizations to raise substantial funds;
- Should have considerable experience with developing a logical framework (for EU funded projects) and results framework (for USAID or DFID Funded project);
- Hold a minimum of a Masters Degree in a relevant subject area;
- Be fluent in English language (both oral and written) and oral Twi language.
Interested persons should submit a brief expression of interest detailing the approach to successfully undertaking the assignment, and include a breakdown of consultancy fee, to email@example.com within two (2) weeks of the date of publication of advert/ToR.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.