Inclusion Ghana (IG) is the peak network organization working for the inclusion of persons with intellectual and developmental disability (PWIDDs) and their families in Ghana by advocating for their rights. It was founded in 2009 and is a member of Inclusion Africa, Inclusion International and Down Syndrome International. In December 2014, Inclusion Ghana became a full member of the Ghana Federation of Disability Organizations (GFD), and collaborates fully with other disability organizations in Ghana and beyond the borders of Ghana.
As part of its overall organizational sustainability, IG seeks to significantly enhance its visibility to donors, both corporates and individuals. One aspect of this process is the development of high-quality videos (short documentaries) relating to its work with PWIDDs and their parents/caregivers, which will greatly appeal to donors to contribute resources to support IG’s work. The plan is to develop ten (10) of such videos for posting on various social media platforms and relevant websites.
Therefore, IG is seeking the services of a photography and video expert to undertake the production of ten (10) high quality video documentaries.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the National Coordinator of Inclusion Ghana, the Photography/Video Consultant is expected to:
- provide guidelines to enable the IG Secretariat select stories that will be suitable for the video documentaries;
- engage parents/caregivers and PWIDDs selected for the video documentary to clearly explain the processes to them as well as mark-up the best strategies for getting the desired video recordings;
- inform the IG Secretariat and selected participants ahead of the actual day of doing the video recording to ensure all involved will be ready by the time the video crew visits each selected family;
- undertake 10 video recordings as agreed upon with IG;
- finalize and submit the 10 high-quality video documentaries for approval by the IG National Coordinator.
It is expected that the entire processes and submission of ten (10) approved video documentaries will be completed within 4 months of signing the contract for the photography/video consultancy.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience of producing high quality video documentaries
- Good knowledge of producing videos for use as fundraising instruments on social media platforms and websites
- Good knowledge of personal data protection, privacy and confidentiality
- Possess modern video production equipment
Deadline for Submission of Interest
Interested persons should submit a brief expression of interest detailing the approach to successfully undertake the assignment, and include a breakdown of consultancy fee, to email@example.com within three (3) weeks of the date of publication advert/ToR.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.