Key expected activities:
- Desk review of INVEST research results and documents
- Stakeholder consultations in Accra, Kumasi, and Tarkoradi
- Identify suitable radio station for the implementation of a drama plus radio program in each region
- Determine audience (youth and girls) preferences (e.g. language, time, days, program formats/type and hosts, etc.) and current knowledge, attitudes and practices related to the TVET and specific GAP and business practices.
- Radio stations identification and recommendation for selection
- Identification and analyses of promising sponsors and their communication needs, and institutional/programmatic opportunities for sustainability
The expected deliverables include:
- A list including all suitable radio stations with the expected outreach considering the preferences of youth and girls in the selected cities
- A research report summarizing the major findings and providing recommendations on the implementation of the radio program for youth and girls in the city
- A table analysing promising sponsors and their communication needs, as well as institutional and programmatic opportunities for sustainability.
- List of Possible Role Models from the regions
The consultant should have substantive experience in conducting research regarding the implementation of radio or other relevant development programs within urban communities working closely with key stakeholders and radio stations. Knowledge of the TVET sector is an asset.
Work experience in Ghana is required and experience implementing projects in Accra, Kumasi and Takoradi is desirable. The consultant should have great communication skills and excellent written and verbal skills in English language.
The consultant should demonstrate capacity for training, organization, conducting and reporting of the study. He / She will be under the supervision of the Project Manager and Country Representative and will work closely with the Global FRI team. The consultant must have:
- A University degree in relevant field;
- Demonstrated expertise in qualitative research study design, tool development, data collection, data analysis and production of reports ;
- Previous experience in the areas targeted by the study is an added advantage;
- Good experience in using participatory approaches;
- Ability to manage a team, work under pressure and produce quality work within short deadlines;
- Fluency in English written and oral communication;
How to apply
Applicants should submit their offers electronically only to the email addresses below. Faxed documents or hard copies will not be considered or admissible. Complete application should include the following:
● A cover letter
● A technical proposal, comprising the following;
- Curriculum vitae of key personnel to be involved,
- A description of the technical approach / methodology for the formative research and also how the team will be organized to complete the work in the cities.
- Proposed work plan: chronogram of activities which includes specific dates of activities and responsible persons
- Previous experience: a brief summary of similar or relevant work completed by the consultant. This should clearly elucidate the experience and technical ability of the consultant to implement the assignment.
- Report of a similar study conducted or other material written by the consultant.
- At least two references of past services of similar work carried out as well as the contacts of the structures with which this work was undertaken.
● A financial proposal showing the estimated cost of delivering the assignment including details on number of days, fee rates, travel and other expenses.
The deadline for submission of applications is 14 June 2021. Documents submitted should be in PDF format to email@example.com with subject line “Formative Research YWTV Radio Programming.”
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.