- Ensuring a highly disciplined compliance regime with all regulatory and company defined policies, procedures and systems.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities and monitor compliance systems for effectiveness.
- Prepare weekly reports regarding compliance operations and progress.
- Assist to develop internal controls and policies designed to ensure all compliance needs are meet.
- Maintain a good working relationship with regulators on compliance issues.
- Assist in conducting of periodic Compliance Audit to monitor, assess, and evaluate compliance with the institution’s policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and applicable laws.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an Integrated Management System based on quality, environment, occupational health and safety.
- Responsible for day-to-day activities regarding certifications, training and development.
- Overseeing to the adherence to all certification protocols to keep the company certified to all the relevant certification bodies.
- Ensuring that all hazards and risk associated with company work activities have been identified assessed and actions implemented to eliminate or reduce these to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Assist in the planning and implementing of risk management, safety policies and procedures in compliance with international standards.
- Ensuring processes needed for the QMS, EMS and OHSMS are established, implemented and maintained.
Years of Experience:
- A relevant postgraduate qualification would be an advantage.
- 3-5 years experience in a compliance/certifications role is essential.
- Requires the ability to analyze and gauge applicability of legislation and regulations
- Must be a highly motivated individual who can work independently and manage competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Must possess the ability to exercise sound and independent judgement and be able to thoroughly analyze the potential consequences of a decision.
- Ability to harness the commitment and contribution of team members outside of direct span of control.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including English writing skills.