Reporting to: General Manager
Supervises: Shop Managers and all Complex Staff
- Achieves set targets hourly, daily, weekly and monthly
- To daily ensure economic usage of all raw materials minimizing variances, unnecessary wastage and theft.
- To daily ensure that staff adheres to their terms of reference and that all operations are within set standards.
- To regularly appraise, develop and motivate members of staff until levels of excellence are achieved. To monitor daily quality of products presented to customers ensuring that it matches set standard.
- To monitor daily the quality of service rendered to customers, paying attention to personal customer care as well as speed and efficiency of service.
- To ensure that the cleanliness and hygienic standards of staff and the
- shop are above set standards.
- To ensure daily that all equipment, lighting and signage are functional and well kept.
- Determines shift stock requirements for issuing.
- Physically checks kitchen stocks against previous shift’s closings
- Reads all communication in the report book (or diary, whichever is the case) from the previous shift and action were necessary.
- Ensures daily that cash takings are well looked after and (safety) banked hourly every shift as per set procedure. Ensures daily that trading hours are adhered to and that the shops are
- never left without management.
- Should account daily for any stock and monetary discrepancies that may occur to ensure safety of all assets through strict adherence to end of day closing down procedures.
- Coordinates all issues into the kitchen and action any unavailable stock.
- Conducts machinery and equipment check to ensure all assets are operational and have no built-up of dirt or grease. Action where necessary. (Follow preventative maintenance schedule)
- Ensures all repairs and maintenance requirements are identified and actioned accordingly. (All critical repairs to be actioned within 48 hours).
- Compiles and monitor sales figures and statistics and take respective necessary measures.
- Physically count stock and floats together with the incoming and outgoing shift/ shop managers.
- Check DRS daily for accuracy and sign off as authorized.
- Controls and is responsible for all the petty cash and floats utilized for the complex and ensuring that proper handovers are done to minimize thefts and petty cash discrepancies.
- Ensure efficient flow of service.
- Staff Discipline & staff welfare
- Conflict management and grievance handling
- Good knowledge in Hospitality (Food and Beverage Industry)
- Minimum 3-5 years in similar role
- In depth knowledge in health and food safety regulations
- Excellent communication and managerial skills
- The ability to achieve and beat set targets.
- The ability to mold a team of professionally, sound and duty conscious employees.
- The ability to relate professionally with subordinates and superiors.
- The ability to keep the discrepancies between physical cash and theoretical cash to zero.
- The ability to provide quality customer service.
- The ability to provide consistent quality product.
- To ensure that all standards of product quality control are adhered to and that all staff understand and produce set standards.
- To maintain overall standards by achieving above minimum evaluation and Market skills competence scores on a consistent basis.
- To ensure all staff know the basics of hygiene principles. Hold meetings to review progress in this aspect.