This role is for a non-profit organization that invests in young entrepreneurs and small businesses. We empower entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into viable, self- sustaining businesses and we work alongside promising small businesses to help them scale and reach their full potential.
Each program is driven by local staff and private sector experts, resulting in a distinctive focus on commercial solutions and local knowledge. Our customized, best-in-class business support programs feature a mix of skills training, mentorship, and seed funding.
Since our inception, more than 600 young leaders have been trained in business skills and entrepreneurship through participation in our programs. Many of the start-ups formed or incubated through us have secured additional investment and gone on to win other start-up competitions.
- Design, develop, and lead a modern, integrated communications strategy that supports our reputational and business objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies and programs for engaging a broad range of stakeholders to form new relationships and nurture existing relationships, as well as protect our reputation.
- Serve as custodian of our brand, ensuring all public-facing collateral meets professional standards and speaks with an authentic voice.
- Build and run the strategy, creation, and channel placement of digital and social content to support and advance our objectives and further promote our work and reputation.
- Oversee development and maintenance of our Ghana website.
- Provide strategic counsel to executive leadership on public engagements and thought leadership, including developing presentations, speeches, and opinion columns for publication.
- Field and direct responses to all media inquiries; act as spokesperson when necessary.
- Partner with other departments and functions to ensure internal and external communications drive our objectives.
- Support leadership with budget planning and enforcement of budgetary guidelines.
- Manage the schedules and workflow of a creative designer and other support staff.
- Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Hold team members accountable for performance.
Qualifications and Required:
- Undergraduate degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10+ years of experience in communications, public relations or a related field
- A proven track record in successfully developing and implementing high-impact integrated communications.
- Excellent written, presentation, and oral communications skills, as well as strong business acumen and the ability to create messaging that drives stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrated experience working with the media and a strong network of media contacts for reactive and proactive communications
- Capable leader who motivates and engages people.
- Proven record of managing institutional social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) to build readership, authority, and engagement.
- Experience with social media management tools.
- Organized, high-energy individual capable of working in a complex, fast paced and fluid environment; cognizant of when to operate with urgency and/or escalate matters.
- Critical thinker and self-starter who can work proactively to identify key business priorities and work across teams to implement necessary solutions.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple complex projects, maintain composure, and deliver results under pressure and against tight deadlines.
Deadline: 15th October, 2021