- Diligently perform food preparation tasks according to the high standards and recipes as set out by the Sous Chef
- Prepare basic salads and sauces as directed by the Sous Chef while paying attention to detail when plating and presenting food.
- Receive deliveries and check that all ordered items are of good quality.
- Prompt your Supervisor of any expired or spoiled food items in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Perform basic cleaning duties to keep all workstations clean and properly sanitized in compliance with HACCP requirements and practise ‘clean as you go’ for a safe & clean kitchen environment.
- Report any equipment problems and maintenance issues to your immediate supervisor.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of your section / department as directed by your Supervisor.
- Adhere and comply with health, safety & hygiene practices at all times
- Comply with the Hotel’s rules, regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Assist with regular stock checks/ stock takes when required to do so.
- Avoid wastage to ensure that expenses are within budgeted limits.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer Satisfaction Ratings (Food Quality)
- Compliance FDA regulations and standards
- Menu Update (Compliance to Schedule)
- Number of Incidents (Kitchen Accidents
- Availability (Ingredients)
- F & B Service
- Finance & Administration
- Procurement / Stores
- Culinary Training (Hot Kitchen, Cold Kitchen, Patisserie)
- Food preparation and trends
- Different cooking styles
- Appreciable knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- At least 1 or 2 years as a Commis Chef will be an added advantage
- Hygiene regulations and laws
- Ability to prepare food in a coordinated manner and to set standards
- Ability to interpret quests needs and food requirements
- Ability to apply the appropriate cooking styles
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Must be very organized and results- oriented
- Must be capable of delivering timeously
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Good timekeeping skills