The ideal candidate is passionate about the Africa Matters Initiative's vision and aims to catapult us to the next level of efficiency through a strong and highly structured organisation. This is a remote position, all may apply.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership and stewardship of AMI by being actively involved in all programs and operations.
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout the program and operation areas,
- Focusing on systems/process improvement where regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on program operations are promoted.
- Lead a high-performing regional and program managers team to the next level by further developing and implementing recruitment, training, and retention strategies.
- Partner with the CEO to represent AMI with external constituency groups, including community, governmental, and private organisations.
- Contribute to the development of AMI’s strategic goals and objectives, as well as the organisation's overall management.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of AMI.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget to the CEO and CFO for review and approval, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of AMI’s program/service units through sound fiscal management alongside the CFO.
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic planning processes with the CEO and staff.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO informed of all critical issues.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and monitor and evaluate results.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organisation and temporarily perform the duties of the office of the Chief Executive Officer when the CEO is unable or unavailable;
- Develop, in collaboration with the CEO and the senior management team, an annual operating plan that supports the organisation’s long-term operations strategy;
- Provide timely and candid updates of the organisation’s operations and progress towards achieving set goals, including material deviations from the goals or objectives and policies established by the Board;
- Ensure open communication, timely issue resolution, and effective project development;
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the organisation.
- Foster a culture that promotes ethical practices and service, encourages individual integrity and maintains a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating diverse team members at all levels.
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organisation;
- Coordinate the organisation’s sustainable strategies and manage principal operating risks, such as proposals, projects, and staffing; develops and/or improves systems, processes, controls and procedures that will enhance the overall efficiency of the organisation;
- Assist the CEO in establishing and maintaining an appropriate organisational structure;
- Perform other functions related to the office of the COO, including requests from the CEO or the Board.
- Fundraising, partnership management.
Skills and Experience:
- A passionate interest in African youth, affairs, and culture
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and public speaking skills
- BILINGUAL (English and French) (a plus)
- Excellent mastery of accounting practices with experience in grants management
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field;
- MSc or Masters in Business Administration, Law or relevant field is a plus
- A Minimum of five (5) years of management experience
- Experience working in a Non-Profit Organisation is advantageous
- Familiarity with the operational procedures at all levels of the organisation
- A strong analytical and data-driven mindset that translates into leadership skills
- Ability to inspire team members to live up to their potential and optimize their productivity
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills in pressure situations
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.