The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership, and guidance of the project. S/he will be the project’s main point of contact for USAID and all other stakeholders. The COP will also be responsible for overall project management and technical operations to ensure that project tasks are completed and project objectives are successfully met. The position is expected to be located in Accra, Ghana with regular, frequent project-funded travel to the project’s yet-to-be-identified focus countries in coastal and/or Sahelian West Africa.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:12 years
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is recruiting for the position of Chief of Party for an anticipated five-year USAID project, Strengthening Regional Peace and Stability Program in West Africa. The anticipated goal of this program is to strengthen national and regional peacebuilding, conflict mitigation, and countering violent extremism capacities in key countries in West Africa.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall strategic vision and leadership and technical direction for implementation including drafting project work plans, leading the successful implementation of annual work plans, and ensuring an integrated vision across components and partners;
- Provide oversight related to project results, reporting, analysis, and the use of strategic information to drive performance across the project;
- Actively identify issues and risks related to project implementation and propose risk mitigation strategies and solutions for project adjustments;
- Ensure effective use of resources, on-time delivery of project activity reports and partner deliverables, and overall compliance with USAID regulations and Palladium policies and procedures;
- Work with staff to recruit, hire and manage staff and consultants as needed to carry out activities;
- Manage subcontractors, both international and national, to ensure that their performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements;
- Maintain effective and open communication throughout the project with USAID, program field team, home office program management unit, and other relevant stakeholders; and
- Serve as the key liaison between USAID, and key regional and national stakeholders and partners.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- At least 12 years of relevant experience with project design, implementation, and management, including in complex international programs (i.e., implementation, logistics, budgeting, reporting, and staffing), and preferably those funded by USAID, those conducted in West African countries, and/or regional or multi-country programs;
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a relevant field;
- Five or more years of supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated success across full spectrum of project management responsibilities including: strategic program planning; work planning and budgeting; financial, administrative, contractual management and oversight;
- Experience designing and implementing preventing or countering violent extremism (P/CVE), regional institutional strengthening, civil society strengthening, peacebuilding, community resilience and social cohesion, and/or stabilization activities;
- Demonstrated success in relationship management with multiple clients; oversight of program monitoring and evaluation; and documentation of results for donor-funded programs;
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English and French;
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work in teams and to mentor national staff;
- Experience engaging host governments, multi-lateral institutions, other donors, and civil society organizations;
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience; and
- Strong analytical capacity.
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.