The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership, and guidance of the project. S/he will be the project’s main point of contact for USAID and all other stakeholders. The COP will also be responsible for overall project management and technical operations to ensure that project tasks are completed, and project objectives are successfully met. The position is expected to be located in Accra, Ghana with regular, frequent project-funded travel to the project’s focus countries, which could include Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Mauritania, Niger, and/or Togo. Essential Job Functions:
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Executive level
- Experience Length:12 years
- Lead FHI 360’s in-country project team and serve as the primary point of contact with USAID regarding the day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the project.
- Ensure that all assistance provided by the project is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed.
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and consultants, including those located in focus countries.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all project activities.
- Establish appropriate monitoring mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported and that project objectives are met.
- Ensure that solid relationships are built and maintained between and among FHI 360 and subawardee project staff, USAID, and key regional and national stakeholders and partners.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience with project design, implementation, and management, including in complex international programs preferably those funded by USAID, those conducted in West African countries, and/or regional or multi-country programs; Five or more years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required; Master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success across the whole range of project management responsibilities including strategic program planning; work planning and budgeting; financial, administrative, contractual management and oversight.
- Experience designing and implementing preventing or countering violent extremism (P/CVE), regional institutional strengthening, civil society strengthening, peacebuilding, community resilience and social cohesion, and/or stabilization activities.
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English and French will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical capacity
How To Apply:
Interested candidates may follow the application instructions below for detailed information about each position and how to apply.
1. Go to http://www.fhi360.org/careers
2. Click on Search Jobs for the position numbers assigned to each position
3. Create an account and follow the application instructions
Deadline for application is May 19th, 2022. Due to the volume of applications please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.