Responsibility and Functions
- In charge of the Fund’s Investment Department.
- Provide insight and direction towards maintaining a profitable and healthy investment portfolio for the Fund.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for managing the full spectrum of investment assets for the Fund.
- Develop and maintain professional and beneficial relationships with external stakeholders and counterparties with whom funds are placed.
- Oversee and continuously assess the performance of the Fund’s subsidiaries; ensuring that approved KPIs are met.
- Conduct investment risk profiling for new and existing investments; ensuring that identified gaps and remedial measures are reported to Executive Management and the Board.
- Appraise and recommend new investment assets/vehicles for approval by the Chief Executive Officer and/or the Board.
- Regularly monitor and review the performance of the Fund’s investment portfolio and report same to executive management and the board.
- Provide leadership and build the capacity of supervisees via training and coaching.
Skills and Qualification
a. Academic Requirements:
- A First Degree in Accounting / Economics / Banking & Finance or related subject.
- Professional qualification (ACCA, ICA, CIMA, CFA etc.) will be advantageous.
b. Experience/ Professional Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 years’ prior experience in a portfolio, lending and risk management role with at least 3-years at senior management level.
- A good understanding of operations of financial services and mutual fund businesses will be desirable.
- Knowledgeable in leading investment practices and laws that are relevant to the operations of pension / mutual fund businesses.
c. Technical Skills:
- Expertise in Microsoft office tools like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook is fundamental
- Moderately savvy in the use of technology applications and/or Enterprise Resource Program
- Strong technical knowledge in investment appraisal, risk profiling and reporting.
- Sound knowledge of applicable process and control standards as well as regulatory requirements, policies and guidelines relating to mutual funds management
d. Specific skills:
- Have excellent communication, negotiation, leadership, and collaboration skills
- Highly analytical, task-oriented, and able to think-out of the box
- Possess good interpersonal and team management skills
- Possess solid skills in process review, project management, and report writing
- Have advanced decision making and problem solving skills
- Possess business acumen, knowledge, and professionalism
- Planning and organizing
e. Must demonstrate an ability to:
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
- Maintain a clean work-desk culture
- Set and manage priorities
- Comprehend complex, operational issues
- Work with less or no supervision and meet deadlines