- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Estimating food requirements and food/ labour cost
- Planning and directing food preparation and culinary activities
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
- Supervise kitchen staff activities
- Train and manage kitchen staff
- Rectify arising problems and complaints
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and restaurant supervisor
- Arrange for repairs where necessary
- Diploma or Degree in Culinary Arts
- 2-3 years experience
- Exceptional experience working in restaurants or hotels having high volume food production.
- Profound knowledge of kitchen equipment.
- Sound knowledge of varied cooking methods like baking, roasting and grilling.
- Skilled at wide range of multiple cooking and kitchen work areas.
- Wide knowledge of F&B preparation and presentation
- Proficient with kitchen equipment, ovens, grills, knives, etc.
- Ability to control and regulate temperature
- Ability to work independently keeping up efficient time management
- Ability to pen down recipes, food menus and syllabus for cookery classes.
- Should be flexible