- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
Qualification and Requirements
- A Minimum Diploma in Catering service or related field.
- At least 3 years of working experience.
- Leadership quality is a plus.
Salary: Gh 1000
Location: Bekwai, Kumasi
NB: An Unfurnished accommodation is assured, but you will take care of electricity bills.