Responsibilities and Duties
· Manage transactions with customers using cash registers
· Scan goods and ensure pricing is accurate
· Collect payments whether in cash or credit
· Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets
· Redeem stamps and coupons
· Cross-sell products and introduce new ones
· Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
· Greet customers when entering or leaving the store
· Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
· Track transactions on balance sheets and report any discrepancies
· Working knowledge of various money handling techniques, like balancing of cash against register tapes or receipts.
· Knowledge of fundamental record keeping for the preparation of routine reports, balancing daily receipts, and making deposits.
· Knowledge of lock box, general cash receipts, and billing systems.
· Knowledge of office procedures to file reports and records and to retrieve them.
· Proficient in operating a computer, PC software and applicable mainframe.
· Skillfulness in keyboard data entry functions with speed and greater accuracy.
· Should be able to operate typewriter, calculator, and other related office machines and equipment.
· Ability to perform arithmetic calculations speedily and with greater accuracy.
· Ability to perform batch balancing and cash drawer functions accurately.
· Ability to prepare statistical summary sheets.
· Should have the ability to receive payments as well as to provide the accurate change.
· Should be able to establish and maintain efficient working relationships with public and employees.
· Ability to read, interpret and apply written and oral policies and procedures.
· Ability to communicate verbally with customers in pleasant manner to respond to inquiries.
· Must possess good personal, trust-worthy and customer-service oriented skills with high level of work accuracy.
· Basic PC knowledge
· Good math skills
· Strong communication and time management skills
· Customer satisfaction-oriented
· Good Communication Skills
· Work experience as a cashier or in a similar role