- Preparing and serving food; frying pre-made chips and meatballs and packaging them. Making coffee and tea and collecting money.
- Ensuring the café is fully stocked and can meet the menu at all times, notifying the Operations Manager of any shortage.
- Clean the café areas, inside and outside, and ensure they are safe and hygienic at all times.
- Check that all café facilities, equipment or furnishings are in good order and to report any damage.
- Follow the normal operating plan, ensuring correct opening and closing times and setting up and clearing down as required.
- Assist with preparing food for bookings, ensuring these are ready on time.
- Monitor expenditure, stock, wastage, and use-by dates.
- Ensuring the completion of daily financial paperwork and cash handling and that all expenditure is covered by an invoice or receipt.
- Respond promptly and professionally to any customer feedback, comments or complaints.
- Welcome anyone who enters the building when you are on shift.
- Be familiar and up-to-date with all policy and procedures in particular our safeguarding policies.
- Uphold the highest standards of health and safety, cleanliness and professionalism and use your own initiative to respond quickly to issues or challenges that may arise when you are on duty.
- Must have excellent customer service
- Ability to prepare coffee and tea excellently
- Should have basic working knowledge in handling daily financial paperwork
- Must have a pleasant attitude