As Business Development Manager CDMO for both technology platforms Chemistry and Biotechnology, you are working close together with our external customers on continued extension of the project pipeline and renewal of the product portfolio manufactured in our SPS assets. This involves assessing the current pipeline, filling it with new business opportunities and improving our overall competitive position. To achieve this you will work in close collaboration with both CDMO and Operations teams.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Continuously monitor and analyze the global Specialty Chemicals & biotechnology market and identify new business opportunities including new trends, growth areas, customers, products and services
- Understand the needs of the industry and respective companies, seek out the appropriate contacts in new organizations, generate new leads and cold call prospective customers
- Full project accountability from the first customer, via inquiry and contract negotiations, until completion of the commercial manufacturing agreement and beyond.
- Close cross-functional cooperation during project acquisition and execution with the business unit, R&D, production, sourcing, legal and other departments
- Customer account planning and sales reporting
- Support the business strategy by developing a portfolio of customers and a healthy project pipeline
- Represent SPS at international conferences and trade shows
- Satisfy the needs of your customers with a high level of service and a continuous dialogue
- Strong network and experience in sales and new business development, sound understanding of new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services in the biotechnological and/or chemical industry with focus on various business segments such as food, feed, nutrition, cosmetics, agricultural applications; understanding of red biotechnology is a plus
- Background in industrial application of natural sciences (Biotech or Chemistry) in a CDMO type of company is a must
- Ability to create new customer contact strategies
- Excellent project management skills to support customers from early stage inquiries until commercial manufacturing
- Creative, convincing, proactive in building and maintaining strong and trustful customer relationships
- Act with high sense of urgency, strong in working autonomously and team collaboration skills
- Fluent in English
- Willingness for traveling approximately 20%
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.