This role is for a non-profit organization that invests in young entrepreneurs and small businesses. We empower entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into viable, self- sustaining businesses and we work alongside promising small businesses to help them scale and reach their full potential.
Each program is driven by local staff and private sector experts, resulting in a distinctive focus on commercial solutions and local knowledge. Our customized, best-in-class business support programs feature a mix of skills training, mentorship, and seed funding.
Since our inception, more than 600 young leaders have been trained in business skills and entrepreneurship through participation in our programs. Many of the start-ups formed or incubated through us have secured additional investment and gone on to win other start-up competitions.
- Researches and identifies new business opportunities - including new program variants, collaborators, growth areas, trends, stakeholder preferences and new ways to improve business operation
- Keeps abreast with current industry trends and news to update and advise business executives on profitable next steps
- Change Management Lead
- Leads change management efforts for the program
- Ensures staff are on board throughout the organization, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
- Collaborates with Executive Director and Portfolio Managers on business strategy to evaluate current business performance, determine objectives and maximize business reach and potential
- Fosters and develops relationships with new program collaborators
- Attends seminars, conferences, and events where appropriate to build relevant business-related contacts
- Keeps updated database of program collaborators and manages the relationship on an on-going basis
- Prepares businesses who are ready to raise funding to secure the right funding support necessary to scale their businesses
Staff Management Responsibility:
- Oversees the schedules and work of monitoring and evaluation specialist and business development officer
- supervises the day-to-day workflow of the department; Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Handles discipline of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy
Qualifications and Required:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10-years work experience and 3-years supervisory experience
- Proven stakeholder management skills and prove ability to negotiate
- Demonstratable experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as strong business acumen
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills as well as strong attention to detail and organization
- Able to manage time and priorities efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with Corporate Management, employees, media and the larger community
- Effective at coordinating various teams to present a coherent message
- An organized, high-energy individual capable of working in a complex, fast-paced and fluid environment; cognizant of when to operate with urgency and/or escalate matters.
Deadline: 15th October, 2021