We have vacancy for a results- oriented and self-motivated person for the role of BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER. The role reports to the Head of Business Development and is located in Tema.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:5 years
BAJ FREIGHT AND LOGISTICS LIMITED is a well-established leading player in the logistics sector and growing rapidly in Ghana and within the sub region. As a leading Ghanaian indigenous company, we provide end to end logistics solutions inland and at all sea and air ports to and from the world. We are a one stop shop for all Logistics needs including heavy lifting and based in Accra, Takoradi and Tema.
ROLES DEFINITION & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Leadership & Organizational Effectiveness
- Gather market intelligence for development of new products and services and pricing
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate tender reviews and deadlines and amend them to the frameworks given
- Lead in processing of tenders to meet tender requirements and submission due
- Lead in preparing proposals and presentations for clients and internal communications
- Understand and clarify tender/bid conditions and get all stakeholders fully appraised and involved
- Monitoring of the tender/bid management in order to ensure it is aligned with the company's requirements
- Involved in cost and price calculations for tenders/bid and present it in the required manner
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Responsible and selling and closing business deals
- Responsible for market research and data analytics
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Support in corporate event management
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of relationship with clients and key partners.
- Responsible for preparing marketing plans and reports as may be assigned from time to time.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and support mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards and the code of ethical behavior
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in marketing, economics, business or related field.
- At least five years proven experience in business design, tendering, proposal writing, sales, marketing or any related field.
- Previous experience in sales and marketing in the logistics industry would be an advantage
Knowledge and Skills Competencies
- High technical skills required to create proposals, respond to tenders and also to find solutions to meet client requirements
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Strong Sales orientation
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel, Power point and Word)
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage time and prioritize work
- Well-developed negotiation skills to meet goals and priorities
- Strong Leadership skills with ability to effectively lead a team and develop a team for results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Innovative with the ability to generate creative solutions
- Good organization skills and ability to manage time and prioritize work
Interested applicants should submit a one page cover note and CV-maximum four pages with contacts of two referees to the e-mail address below, the subject should state the role you are applying for: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
BAJ Freight is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, marital status etc and our recruitment procedures reflect this.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.