The Business Development Executive is responsible for researching and pursuing new business leads for the growth of Persol. The role involves active coordination across strategic business units and demands exceptional interpersonal skills. The Executive is expected to work on new business proposals and presentations which are a persuasive representation the Persol’s product / service offerings.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
The role of the BDE is to assist Persol’s sales and growth efforts by contributing to new customer acquisition. The BDE should be able to provide ideas to attract new clients and stay abreast with the marketplace and competitor activities. The primary roles and responsibilities are:
- Maintain knowledge of all product / service offerings and sell same to clients ensuring that value is created for both clients and Persol.
- Prepare and present software demos to prospective/existing clients including handling objections, project scope, and negotiating pricing within.
- Develop and maintain new customers by working with Software Implementation Consultants to ensure Clients are satisfied with their purchase.
- Build enduring relationships with Clients by carefully selecting software/hardware offerings that suit their business needs as well as addressing customer concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Engage with C-level Executives (e.g.: CEO, CFO, COO, CIO, CHRO, etc.) to understand industry imperatives, develop workable business scenarios and solutions to address such scenarios.
- Compile quality documents in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Expression of Interest (EOI), etc.
- Take product-specific certification exams required by Strategic Business Partners to deepen product/technology knowledge to address customers’ needs confidently and profitably.
- Consistently meet and exceed sales and other performance targets.
- Submit monthly performance reports on sales activities.
- Must have a Sales Craft
- A minimum of a university degree in sales and marketing or other business fields.
- 3 - 5 years work experience in selling software, telecom equipment, or other complex technology equipment
- Practical working knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office Suite especially Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is a must.
- Experience in proposal writing and responding to RFPs, EOIs and tenders is an added advantage.