Job Family: Technical
Reports to: SLM Manager
Job Speciality: Radio
Works under minimal supervision, may assist less experienced peers. Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy and meeting objectives. Extensive-latitude for independent judgment.
Level of Impact:
• Company failing to meet business objectives – Revenue, EDITDA, Market share, etc due to poor network performance
• Loss of traffic/revenue due to unavailable network
• Subscriber churn due to unsatisfactory, poor quality network
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
• Contribute to Network activities, organization and ensure that appropriate decisions are made.
• Support actions conducted on the Network in all Network & Systems department related work.
• Provide 2nd level support to Radio and NOC teams concerning functioning of technical equipment, Technical documentation (procedures…), training and knowledge transfer to teams.
• Provide technical expertise by analyzing dysfunctions and implementing unusual network operations with vendor concerning integration, alteration and optimization of operations.
• Follow up equipment evolution (new products…), update documents.
• Follow up overall performance of network equipment; implement procedures in order to optimize the Network.
• Implement solutions on the Network leading to performance improvement and correction in conjunction with the Radio Field and Core teams.
• Functionality evaluation and implementation suggestions in Company’s network.
• Testing (end 2 end), evaluation and rollout of GSM/3G functionalities and SW releases.
• Hardware testing & integration of new BSS/RAN network elements/expansions.
• BSS Network audit
• BSS Preventive and corrective maintenance
• Spares and tools management
• Radio Capacities Compliance Policing
• Manage through processes and procedures BSS operational activities (e.g. backups, Node health checks, preventive maintenance, HW/SW updates, etc) and network troubleshooting.
• Provide expertise training to Radio Field and NOC on the various fault diagnosis and measurement procedures, to result in improved efficiency of teams and higher equipment availability.
• Escalate major/critical system faults or equipment malfunction to vendor level 1 support
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Works on special projects and assignments as requested by Team Leader
• Advanced GSM BSS Operations Knowledge
• IP networking
• Over 3 years experience in Telecommunication operation equipment, installation and deployment.
• Good knowledge of Telecommunication equipment.
• Good knowledge of Network operations.
• GSM training.
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Excellent planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
• Interpersonal skills.
• Team player.
• Teaching skills.
• Able to take initiatives.
• Bachelors Degree in Telecom/Electronic Engineering or equivalent- Minimum 3 years experience.