Who are we
There are 2B adults worldwide that don’t have a bank account. 2B. That’s ~40% of the world’s adult population. 350M of these live in Sub Saharan Africa. They are hardworking, young, connected adults that are invisible to the traditional banking system. Fido is changing that. We are building a borderless digital bank so that everyone can access financial products like credit, savings, and payments that make lives easier and better.
Want to be an early employee in a unique consumer brand? Want to do work that has an impact on society? Join us. We build consumer products that are powered by a magical cocktail of real-time mission-critical ML models, behavioral psychology, and financial engineering. We promote meritocracy, decide fast and commit, and worship data.
What will you do?
- You will ensure the company complies with its external regulatory and legal requirements as well as internal policies and bylaws.
- You will work with management and staff to identify and manage all regulatory risk.
- You will supervise staff training (from a licensing and regulatory perspective), record evidence training conducted, coordinate board and sub-committee meetings, draft, review and constantly update KYC and AML documents and conduct quarterly internal reviews to ensure total compliance ahead of external regulator reviews.
What are we looking for?
- An experienced professional with certification in law, finance, accounting, secretaryship or a related field.
- 3 – 5 years’ proven experience in a compliance role.
- Good knowledge of legal systems and procedures.
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.