Assures the effective management, coordination and administration of all business operations at the branch.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
We are a well-established leading player in the logistics sector and growing rapidly in Ghana and within the sub-region. A leading Ghanaian indigenous company, we provide end to end logistics solutions at all sea and airports to and from the world and a one-stop shop for all Logistics needs. We are based in Tema, Accra and Takoadi. We have vacancy for a results-oriented and self-motivated person and invites applications for the following vacant leadership role located at Takoradi.
ROLES DEFINITION & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Collaborate with senior leadership to ensure alignment of company operations in line with the vision, mission, values and culture of the organization
- He/she is the management representative at the branch and provides leadership for company operations at the branch.
- Ensures systems and procedures for Takoradi operations are established and maintained to continuously appraise their effectiveness in line with corporate quality assurance standards.
- Applies the most appropriate planning, monitoring and evaluation techniques to ensure that operational schedules, regulatory approvals/permits and renewals are efficiently carried out without any penalties.
- Applies the most appropriate planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reflection techniques to ensure that operational schedules and programmes are delivered to very high quality assurance standards.
- Ensures that areas under his/her jurisdiction have programmes that include evaluating and assuring compliance with all laid down procedures and standards.
- Provides channels for effective communication and machinery for joint consultation on operational issues with all members of staff in the branch and with associates.
- Nurtures a climate of innovation to foster operational excellence and high client satisfaction reviews. Financial Management of Takoradi Operation
- Provides leadership to ensure the annual budget for Takoradi operations is prepared and approved, and implements measures to ensure its execution.
- Ensures that every department in Takoradi, develops and implements integrated quality assurance and cost reduction initiatives.
- Ensures the timely and regular preparation and submission of financial reports for the branch.
Organizational and People Matters
- In conjunction with relevant heads, ensures appropriate manpower consistent with the branch’s requirement; and ensures that training programmes are developed to improve the competence of staff of his/her branch and makes appropriate recommendations on staff development.
- Ensures that human resource policies are correctly interpreted, understood and fairly implemented.
- Assesses constantly the performance of his/her teams and reviews the appraisal reports of employees below his/her immediate subordinate's level and submits report to the General Manager
- Drives employee wellbeing by creating the climate for effective information flow, communication and machinery for joint consultation on issues affecting the welfare and job environments of workers in the branch.
- Support team leads to manage employee union activities ensuring work is not unduly affected.
- Maintains external contact with appropriate public and private organizations for the collection and analysis of data relevant to the company’s business and confers internally to ensure smooth and dministration of all the departments.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree in business administration from a recognized university.
- An MBA or suitable equivalent from a recognized university will be an advantage.
- A minimum post-graduate working experience of ten (10) years, five (5) years of which should have been served at a management level.
- Excellent strategic thinking mindset ·
- Strong business acumen.
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent ability to lead and manage teams
- Results oriented
- Communicates effectively at all levels.
- Leadership Presence and ability to maintain calm demeanor in high stress environments
- Experience in the Shipping, Logistics, Services industry would be an added advantage
Interested applicants should submit a one page cover note and CV-maximum four pages with contacts of two referees to the e-mail address below, the subject should state the role you are applying for: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
BAJ Freight is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, marital status etc and our recruitment procedures reflect this.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.