- Responsible for analyzing the market environment (external market), available internal resources and propose a business plan for key business lines such as Payroll, Car4Cash, deposits and other transactions for consideration and approval by the Area Manager and respective business department heads.
- Responsible for frequently assessing local market developments to identify opportunities and threats and taking proactive steps to minimize threats and harness opportunities with an approach consistent with institutional policies.
- Responsible for developing and implementing branch specific strategies to realize growth targets for Payroll, Car4Cash and Savings.
- Responsible for assisting the Area Manager in terms of developing and implementing effective marketing and advertising strategies.
- Responsible for ensuring uptake and usage of all new services; mobile banking and any services to be introduced in the future.
- Responsible for ensuring that all files are activated within 24 hours after disbursement.
- Where applicable, the Branch Manager is responsible for achieving both the Independent Sales Executive and “walk-in” component of the branch target set.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate loan quality controls at the application stage.
- Responsible for the execution of the company’s credit policy at the application stage.
- Responsible for performing other ad-hoc business development task assigned by management.
Cash and Non-Cash Operations Management
- Responsible for supervising all cash operations to ensure strict adherence to vault and cash box policies and procedures.
- Responsible for liaising with the Finance Department to ensure adequate liquidity for cash operations.
- Responsible for performing monthly cash-count in vault for the Branch.
- Responsible for performing all end -of- day controls in accordance with the relevant policies.
- Responsible for performing tasks related to confirmation and approval of specific transactions.
Staff Management and Development
- Responsible for directly supervising and managing the work of all staff in the branch.
- Responsible for developing a reliable database for the management of staff (staff at post, transfers, leaves and ad-hoc absences etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff have the right attitude, skills and knowledge to perform assigned duties.
- Responsible for identifying the training needs of staff and liaising with the Human Resource department for the needed capacity building and assist in training new and existing staff.
- Responsible for liaising with the relevant departments to ensure that staff capacity (ability and numbers) is commensurate with demand and market potential.
- Responsible for coaching and developing staff to perform their roles well.
- Responsible for building a team of high performing staff.
- Responsible for sustaining staff motivation and performance.
- Responsible for ensuring (through communication and good example) that staff live the Company’s corporate values always.
- Responsible for giving regular and timely feedback to staff on attitude, skills and knowledge in relation to their work.
- Responsible for taking timely and appropriate disciplinary measures in accordance with the Human Resource manual.
- Responsible for carrying out regular staff appraisals and feedback according to the Human Resource manual.
- Responsible for holding regular meetings with staff to update them on institutional developments.
- Responsible for all administrative and sales staff specific to manager’s allocated branch and their success as a team in terms of exceeding sales targets
- Responsible for driving the sales force of all Independent Sales Executives (where applicable), recruitment, training and retention thereof and for the success of the sales targets that will be set
- Where applicable, responsible for the implementation of regular “refresher training” on an ongoing basis to ensure ISE’s are constantly up to date with any changes in policies
Customer Care and Relationship Management
- Responsible for collaborating with relevant departments to ensure that workflows, processes, structures and set-up in the banking halls support efficient service delivery
- Responsible for monitoring service delivery levels to ensure a consistent match between actual service delivery and agreed institutional standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff deliver good quality services to all clients
- Responsible for leading and developing a strong sense of client orientation amongst all staff in the branch
- Responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of service recovery initiatives to ensure that clients complaints are effectively addressed.
- Responsible for effectively segmenting clients and directly managing key accounts in the portfolio to achieve high client retention levels
Compliance, Security and Controls
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff comply with relevant institutional policies, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that staff are well informed and trained to implement policies, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring full implementation of all recommendations of audit, compliance and other management reports.
- Responsible for ensuring timely dissemination of institutional decisions and general communication to staff (memos, circulars, minutes of meetings, etc.)
- Responsible for keeping a database (hard and soft copies) of all official communication.
- Responsible for coordinating communication between head-office and branch.
- Responsible for providing management with relevant information on external and internal developments.
Logistics Management, Security and Outlook
- Responsible for liaising with relevant departments to ensure that staff have the needed logistics to work.
- Responsible for ensuring the Branch is always kept clean and tidy.
- Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance, good housekeeping as well as safe custody of all company property
- Responsible for supervising the work of outsourced auxiliary staff such as security personnel and cleaners and liaise with the relevant departments for replacements if their performance is unsatisfactory.
- Responsible for managing key protocols of the branch and ensure strict compliance with all security policies
- Responsible for coordinating the effective utilization of all logistics allocated to the branch
- Responsible for preparing and submit monthly reports on business, operations and other standard reports to Area Managers and Senior management
- Higher National Diploma
- A Bachelors’ Degree is recommended (majoring in Sales or Marketing is an advantage)
- Branch management experience at a bank or micro-lender essential
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft office and e-mail (Credit Ease experience is an advantage)
Skills / Abilities:
- Hard working and goal driven;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent sale skills;
- Positive attitude;
- Excellent management skills;
- Accurate and fast worker;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Neat and organized person.
All applicants should forward their application letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.