Start date: Immediately
Working hours: Daily 8h00 till 17h00 or as required to fulfill one’s responsibilities. Every alternate Saturday and otherwise
The Branch Manager shall be directly responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Branch.
He/she will be responsible for coordinating allocated resources to achieve all business and non-business objectives agreed with Senior Management.
- Analyze the market environment (external market), available internal resources and propose a business plan for key business lines such as Payroll, Enterprise and the Retail Division for consideration and approval by the Area Manager and respective business department heads.
- Frequently assess local market developments to identify opportunities and threats and takenproactive steps to minimize threats and harness opportunities with an approach consistent with institutional policies.
- Develop and implement branch specific strategies to realize its business growth objectives.
- Responsible for assisting the Area Manager in terms of developing and implementing effective marketing and advertising strategies.
- Responsible for ensuring uptake and usage of all new services; mobile banking and any services to be introduced in the future.
- Responsible for the execution of the company’s credit policy at the application stage.
- Perform other ad-hoc business development task assigned by management.
Cash and Non-Cash Operations Management
- Supervise all cash operations to ensure strict adherence to vault and cash box policies and procedures
- Liaise with Finance Department unit to ensure adequate liquidity for cash operations
- Perform monthly cash-count in vault for the Branch
- Perform all end -of- day controls in accordance with the relevant policies
- Perform tasks related to confirmation and approval of specific transactions
Staff Management and Development
- Directly supervise and manage the work of all staff in the branch
- Develop a reliable database for the management of staff (staff at post, transfers, leaves and ad-hoc absences etc.)
- Ensure that all staff have the right attitude, skills and knowledge to perform assigned duties
- Identifying the training needs of staff and liaise with the HR department for the needed capacity building and assist in training new and existing staff
- Liaise with the relevant departments to ensure that staff capacity (ability and numbers) is commensurate with demand and market potential
- Coach and develop staff to perform their roles well
- Build a team of high performing staff
- Sustain staff motivation and performance
- Ensure (through communication and good example) that staff live the IZWE corporate values always
- Give regular and timely feedback to staff on attitude, skills and knowledge in relation to their work
- Take timely and appropriate disciplinary measures in accordance with the HR manual
- Carry out regular staff appraisals and feedback according to the HR policy
- Hold regular meetings with staff to update them on institutional developments
- Responsible for all administrative and sales staff specific to manager’s allocated branch and their success as a team in terms of exceeding sales targets
- Responsible for driving the sales force of all Independent Sales Executives (where applicable), recruitment, training and retention thereof and for the success of the sales targets that will be set
- Where applicable, responsible for the implementation of regular “refresher training” on an ongoing basis to ensure ISE’s are constantly up to date with any changes in policies
Customer Care and Relationship Management
- Collaborate with relevant departments to ensure that workflows, processes, structures and set-up in the banking halls support efficient service delivery
- Monitor service delivery levels to ensure a consistent match between actual service delivery and agreed institutional standards
- Ensure that all staff deliver good quality services to all clients
- Lead and develop a strong sense of client orientation amongst all staff in the branch
- Ensure the effective implementation of service recovery initiatives to ensure that clients complaints are effectively addressed
- Effectively segment clients and directly manage key accounts in the portfolio to achieve high client retention levels
Compliance, Security and Controls
- Ensure that all staff comply with relevant institutional policies, processes and procedures
- Ensure that staff are well informed and trained to implement policies, processes and procedures
- Ensure full implementation of all recommendations of audit, compliance and other management reports
- Ensure timely dissemination of institutional decisions and general communication to staff (memos, circulars, minutes of meetings, etc.)
- Keep a database (hard and soft copies) of all official communication
- Coordinate communication between head-office and branch
- Provide management with relevant information on external and internal developments
Logistics Management, Security and Outlook
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that staff have the needed logistics to work
- Responsible for ensuring the Branch is always kept clean and tidy
- Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance, good housekeeping as well as safe custody of all company property
- Supervise the work of outsourced auxiliary staff such as security personnel and cleaners and liaise with the relevant departments for replacements if their performance is unsatisfactory
- Responsible for managing key protocols of the branch and ensure strict compliance with all security policies
- Coordinate the effective utilization of all logistics allocated to the branch
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on business, operations and other standard reports to Area Managers and Senior management
- Higher National Diploma
- A Bachelors’ Degree is recommended (majoring in Sales or Marketing is an advantage)
- Branch management experience at a bank or micro-lender essential
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft office and e-mail (Credit Ease experience is an advantage)
Skills / Attributes
- Hard working and goal driven;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent sale skills;
- Positive attitude;
- Excellent management skills;
- Accurate and fast worker;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Neat and organized person.
All applicants should forward their application letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.