Title: Days for Girls International Board Treasurer
Classification: Board Member - One 90-minute Meeting Once a Month. One of those meetings is a 2-day annual retreat.
Reporting To: Days For Girls International Board President
EXPECTATIONS OF THE BOARD AS A WHOLE
At Days for Girls, we’re on a mission to turn periods into pathways. We increase access to menstrual care and education by developing global partnerships, cultivating social enterprises, mobilizing volunteers, and innovating sustainable solutions that shatter stigmas and limitations for women, girls and menstruators.
As the highest leadership body of the organization, the board is responsible for:
- Assisting in determining and approving the mission and purposes of the organization
- Selecting and evaluating the performance of the CEO
- Strategic and organizational planning support
- Ensuring fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Fundraising and resource development
- Approving and monitoring DfGI’s programs and services
- Enhancing DfGI’s public image
- Assessing its own performance as the governing body of DfGI.
EXPECTATIONS OF INDIVIDUAL BOARD MEMBERS
Each individual board member is expected to:
- Know the organization’s mission, policies, programs and needs
- Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for DfGI to advance its mission
- Leverage connections, networks and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve DfGI’s mission
- Give a meaningful personal financial donation
- Help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy
- Prepare for, attend and conscientiously participate in board meetings
- Participate fully in one or more committees.
TIME COMMITMENT: Currently 1 meeting per month, 90 minutes long. One of the meetings is an annual 2-day retreat.
BOARD MEMBERS ARE ALSO EXPECTED TO:
- Follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions
- Sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of DfGI.
Days for Girls International Board Treasurer
This leader is responsible for meeting with the DfGI CFO to discuss monthly financial reports and to assist in analyzing , forecasting, and assisting with reporting to the Board. They also certify the annual DfGI financial audit done by a third party accounting firm.
In section 5.8 of our DfGI Bylaws it states, “The Treasurer shall oversee the financial operations of the corporation and shall perform such other duties as from time to time may be assigned to him or her by the President or the Board. In the absence of the Treasurer, an Assistant Treasurer may perform the duties of the Treasurer.”