- To ensure the betting shop is profitable and controlling costs
- To work with staff to ensure that the shop is secure and meeting regulations
- Controlling costs and meeting profit targets.
- Marketing the shop to potential customers and coming up with special promotional ideas.
- Handling any customer complaints.
- Anticipating and dealing with any disputes or safety issues.
- Recruiting and training other staff members.
- Setting sales targets for staff and monitoring their progress.
- Organizing work and holiday rotas.
- Ensuring the shop is secure and meets industry regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a Diploma or HND is required
- Minimum of 2 years working experience
- Good communication skills.
- A flair for customer service and the ability to build a good rapport with customers.
- Number skills, to ensure payments are accurate.
- Good knowledge of sports and of the products and services offered by the bookmaker.
- To be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Basic IT skills.
- To be alert and observant.
- Confidence, to handle difficult situations or troublesome customers.
- Leadership, negotiation, and people management skills.
- Well-organized and able to deal with several tasks at once.
- Business awareness.