Back End Developer / Senior Data Engineer
Software & Data
You’ll be a key member of our Data engineering team. You will contribute to the overall team's success by building automation and processes to make the team more efficient.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Improving data quality and efficiency, ensuring that data is accurate, consistent, and easily accessible. You will have a strong understanding of data management and be able to implement best practices to improve data quality and efficiency.
- Developing and creating adaptable data pipelines that are capable of managing substantial amounts of data.
- Design and implement the various components that will move data from its source to its destination, including data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand requirements and design changes to the existing complex system, as well as, develop and implement change to the existing complex system, with a focus on data engineering solutions.
- Testing the data ingestion tools to ensure that they work as expected, including running various test scenarios to verify that the data is ingested correctly and that the tools can handle any errors or exceptions that might occur.
- Continuously monitor and improve data ingestion performance and identify opportunities to optimize data processing and reduce data latency.
- Working with non-standard data formats and mapping data that customers provide. You should have experience working with non-standard data formats and be able to turn this data into actionable information.
- Previous experience as a data or back end engineer or in a similar role 5+years.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques 5+years.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python) 5+years.
- Writing skills on Python.
- Perform data ingestion.
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design, advanced.
- Great numerical and analytical skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus.
- Data engineering certification is a plus.
- Previous retail/supply chain experience will be an added advantage.
- Previous ERP experience in the following modules, sales and distribution, warehouse management and materials management.
- Spark experience a plus and SRE experience a plus.
- Strong problem-solving ability and ability to work with stakeholders to identify both high-tech and low-tech solutions and choose the solution appropriate to the problem.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with large and complex systems, including those with high-volume data pipelines
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.