The Automation Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, revising and implementing preventive, corrective and proactive maintenance programs for solving electrical and automation problems of the plant so as to ensure the plant’s availability to meet production targets. Reporting to the Maintenance Stream Lead, the Automation Engineer with benchmark activities in the group for improvement in the factory and exchange experiences in the group for best practices to be implemented in the factory.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Carry out general inspection and solve all electrical and automation problems of the plant.
- Study manufacturers’ manuals/specifications, analyse of engineering reports/history and designs, develop, revise and implement an effective and efficient preventive and proactive maintenance programmes on electrical and automation systems of the plant in conjunction with the Maintenance Planner.
- Track and document all engineering operations carried out on the electrical and automation systems of the plant and prepare engineering reports.
- Keep up to date records on all electrical, calibration and automation manuals and drawings.
- Assist in the procurement and control of electrical, calibration and automation maintenance materials. Must also ensure all critical spares of the correct specification are always available.
- Work alongside the company’s Shift Technicians, Electricians and sub-contractors to execute tasks, troubleshoot on defective electrical systems, and undertake repair works on emergency or breakdown or shutdown maintenance programmes.
- Respond to call-ins to give technical support in electrical and automation problems at any given time
- Ensure that all electrical, automation and calibration devices are well maintained in accordance with laid down schedule.
- Responsible for carrying out corrective action from electrical, instrumentation and automation audits in conjunction with the electricians.
- Responsible for initiating, monitoring and certifying all electrical and automation repairs.
- Organize and provide in-house PLC and electrical training for Electricians and shift electro-mechanics.
- Ensures the full implementation of the QMS procedures related to Maintenance and communicates proposed changes to the Management Representative. This includes the documentation and approval of procedures and work instructions, process forms etc as appropriate.
- BSc Electrical Engineering with 3 years of specific experience in electro-mechanical in a manufacturing environment (preferably in a food industry)
- Certification in programmable logic control systems or automation (e.g. SIEMENS STEP 5 & SIEMENS STEP 7).
- Good knowledge on various maintenance programs and their efficiency level(s).
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and automation diagrams for troubleshooting.
- Ability to design electrical drawings according to specification as well as design and deliver in-house training courses.
- Proficient in Office applications (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and maintenance systems (preferably Maximo and SAP)
- Good analytical and planning skills with the ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with the a bility to work without supervision, lead and motivate a team and meet deadlines
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.