The preferred candidate must:
- Be highly intelligent, self-motivated, hardworking
- Be an expert in writing and editing English
- Be able to speak Ga fluently
- Have experience in marketing and social media
- Be able to record and mix audio
- Be able to solve hardware and software problems
- Be quick at finding the answer to any question
- Have an interest in storytelling
- Be interested in, and open minded about spiritual matters
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours and meet tight deadlines.
The preferred candidate must have good access to the internet particularly during the coronavirus lockdown as all staff are currently working from home.
You don’t need any formal qualifications. You only need to prove that you are super smart and curious. You will be working for me, a crusty old English/German
journalist, based in and around Africa for more than 20 years. I settled in Accra a couple of years ago to produce radio documentary series. In the short term we undertake corporate investigations. My office and home are at Hechtech House in Osu, which includes guest rooms and a function hall which we manage. You will be working with a small team that includes an administrator, housekeepers and security staff.
You will learn a lot and the job could be a steppingstone, but you have to be willing to work harder than you can imagine.
To apply, send a CV and short cover letter to email@example.com
Please note that If your submission is poorly written or includes any typos you would be disqualified.
If you qualify, you will be tested online to prove you can:
- Write and edit English at a professional level
- Research on the internet, and by other means
- Use a DAW, such as Adobe Audition or Pro Tools
- Speak Ga fluently
If you pass the test you will be interviewed to see if you:
- Are up on current affairs, both global and local
- Have experience with administration and marketing
- Are good with social media and computers -- software and hardware
- Have an amazing memory and can multitask
- Are open minded about spiritual and religious practices
- Are fun, dynamic and have lots of positive energy
Non-essential -- but highly desirable -- skills include:
- audio engineering and field recording
- any kind of storytelling and/or music making abilities
- professional level French, German or any other language
For further information, please visit www.hechtech.com
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.