- Report directly to Production Manager and write weekly activity reports.
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of the chemical refining processes.
- Achieve production targets and provide feedback to the Production Manager.
- Ensure refining process reporting is accurate and up to date.
- Assist in the achievement of plant overall effectiveness such as downtimes, performance, quality, weekly reports to the Production Manager.
- Assist in installation of chemical plant equipments and help run production.
- Assist in receiving of precious metals for chemical refining.
- Responsible for assisting and monitoring of melting of precious metals in the melting department.
- Assist in chemical refining of gold and for metallic silver recovery from silver chloride.
- Aid in operation of all chemical refining machinery such as caustic scrubbers, chemical refining units, effluent treatment plants, press and safe chemical waste disposal.
- Review, keep records and report weekly to Production Manager on usages, storage and inventory of all consumables used in the chemical refining processes.
Years of Experience:
- At least 3-5 years hands on experience in a similar role.
- A degree in Metallurgical/Chemical/Minerals Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in chemical refining in Mining/Oil & Gas sectors would be an advantage.
- Certificate in basic firefighting and first aid would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Mining/Oil & Gas sectors would be an advantage.
- Must be knowledgeable in computer applications especially Microsoft Excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- A team player with the ability to lead teams and work under pressure.