What we need:
The role requires exceptional, proactive, professional, customer-focused operational management skills and experience, coupled with the ability to make coherent and sometimes difficult decisions and/or recommendations; and ensure optimal, cost-effective and sustainable implementation of program support. The ACD-PS oversees the provision of the highest quality support services and information to all levels of CARE staff, partners, donors, program participants, and other stakeholders.
In alignment with CARE putting "People at the Centre of Development" and our Core Values Commitment, the ACD-PS leads a team with Vision and Purpose; demonstrates respect for diversity, equity, belonging and inclusion (DEBI); and contributes to a work culture that promotes staff personal and professional development, wellness and wellbeing.
Some of your Responsibilities:
- Participate in strategic discussions about the Country Office's 2030 strategy
- Strategic Leadership
- Logistics including Transportation
- Administration including Facility and Asset Management and Operational Security
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Data and Cyber Security
- Systems Development and Improvement
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies, and Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of and expertise in using productive tools (Office 365, G-Suite, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of all program support functions
- At least five (5) years of hands-on experience in a similar senior management and leadership position preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrable success in building and managing diverse teams in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent people management and team leadership skills; ability to get diverse groups of people to work effectively together with vision and purpose
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and navigate through change while dealing with ambiguity or paradox
- Must possess excellent and agile negotiation skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication in English
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- A Master of Business Administration or Masters in NGO Management or similar is desired
- Basic financial management skills including hands-on experience with budgeting and knowledge of basic accounting
How To Apply
Copy the link below to apply or type in the site below to apply:
Submission deadline is Friday, 27 August 2021.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CARE has zero tolerance for fraud and corruption.
We DO NOT collect fees or request financial information from job applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked for payment or experience any irregularities during this process, please report your concerns anonymously via https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100612/index.html.
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
At CARE, we know that recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce is critical to achieving our mission of ending global poverty. CARE defines "diversity" beyond the regular classifications of gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability, and includes diversity of perspectives that uphold CARE's Core Values (https://www.care.org/about-us/mission-vision/). Our goal is to create and maintain a work environment that promotes diversity in everything we do.
We are also committed to creating and maintaining a safe work environment for our staff, partners and beneficiaries with specific attention to protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child protection.