The National Inspectorate Board (NIB), is one of the autonomous bodies established by the Education Act 778, of 2008 under the Ministry of Education to set and enforce standards in all public and private pre-tertiary schools in Ghana. The agency is looking for a Public Relations Officer with strong storytelling skills to highlight the impact of its work as well as help it develop a strong brand with its stakeholders.
NB: This job offering is solely on a contract basis with the possibility of extension.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervises the collection of data for the formulation and review of policies.
2. Implements, monitors and evaluates programmes and activities of the unit.
3. Undertakes public education and sensitisation on the Board’s programmes and activities.
4. Provides inputs for the preparation of press releases.
5. Facilitates the conduct of integrity awareness programmes and activities for staff, the public and other stakeholders.
6. Undertakes specified assignments in relation to the organisation and celebration of national and international events.
7. Monitors media coverage of the Board’s activities.
8. Collates data for the development of communication products.
9. Collates data for the update of the website.
10. Maintains a database on the Board’s stakeholders.
11. Collates data for the preparation of the annual budget and work plan of the unit.
12. Collates data for the preparation of the annual and other periodic reports of the unit.
13. Supervises and appraises the performance of subordinate staff.
14. Responsible for managing, promoting and growing NIB’s presence on social media.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Mass Communication, Communication Studies, International Relations, Social Science or other relevant fields.
• Membership of a relevant professional body would be an advantage.
• A minimum of one (1) year post-Bachelor’s relevant work experience in a reputable organisation.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Public Administration Systems
• Knowledge in public relations;
• Knowledge of relevant I T applications
• Leadership and monitoring skills.
• Knowledge in media law.
• Analytical skills
• Good team player.
• Negotiation and advocacy skills.
• Communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Administrative Procedures.
• Report Writing Skills.
• Continuous professional development programmes
• Leading Strategic Change
• Public Policy Analysis
• Team Building
• Public Sector Management
• Change Management
Submission of Applications
Send CVs to email@example.com, with the subject "Public Relations Officer_Full Name". CVs should be named in this format: CV_Full Name. Any other additional document should be saved as "Type of Document_Full Name" e.g. Academic Certificate_John Doe.
All submissions should be sent via email by close of business 20th October 2020.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.