We are hiring Aquaculturists to raise fish and marine plants for food and recreational purposes. Due to habitat destruction and overfishing, aquaculture has become a necessary segment of the agriculture industry.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
A bachelor’s degree in fisheries or biological sciences or a master’s degree in Aquaculture or a related field of study would be beneficial. Desired experience would include commercial aquaculture experience, fish propagation, and husbandry in a variety of production systems.
Years of Experience:
2 to 3 years Aquaculturists understand the growth, development, and production of aquatic animals.
- Assist with all aspects of fish husbandry including feeding, fish grading, fish movement, water quality monitoring, and fish inventory control
- Grow fish and shellfish as cash crops or for release into freshwater or saltwater
- Supervise and train aquaculture and fish hatchery support workers
- Collect and record growth, production, and environmental data
- Conduct and supervise stock examinations to identify diseases or parasites
- Sort different types of breeding stock in order
- Handle incubation and short-term rearing of fish in net pens or small ponds
- Conduct routine maintenance of your facility and equipment
- Oversee operation and maintenance of freshwater and/or seawater aquaculture systems
- Monitor the health of the fish and treat them when appropriate
- Plan breeding programmes and grow schedules to obtain maximum efficiency
- Adhere to environmental standards
- Understand legislation and how to implement this into practical application
- Ensure the water supply is of sufficient quality for the stock
- Hold a full driving license - depending on the farm this may be necessary if it's in an isolated position and you're required to transport the fish for sale.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, animal science, or equivalent.
- Additional courses in business management or administration are recommended.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
CVs should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: Negotiable
Location: East La – Accra Ghana
Employment Type: Full time
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.