Preferred by Nature (formerly known as NEPCon) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 260+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
In the role of Agriculture Specialist, you will be supporting the auditing, coordination and administration of certification services provided by Preferred by Nature in Africa.
As Agriculture auditor, you are expected to perform high quality audit service to current Rainforest Alliance
Sustainable Agriculture Standard (SAS/UTZ) portfolio in West Africa through management of Salesforce database, fieldwork audits and Peer reviews and make sure that audits are done according our Internal Quality Assurance
requirement and SAS/UTZ policy. You will also be responsible for new client development in your assigned region/country.
- You are fluent in and English (our organizational language), and it is an advantage if you can also speak French and have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- You have a good general understanding of administrative IT systems, and the ability to learn to work with new programmes fast.
- We imagine you have around 10 years of related experience
- Minimum 4 years relevant college degree, e.g. agriculture, natural resources, social sciences, rural development, traceability, food safety or similar
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and have the ability to maintain structure in the office.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead on practicalities.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you are good at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in our vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our Agriculture Manager for Africa
- Working location: The position is based in Ghana
- Homebased may be considered upon agreement
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services
- Potential international travel opportunities.
- Additional medical insurance
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 30 November 2020, via the Preferred by Nature website: https://preferredbynature.org/about-us/careers
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Ghana will be considered.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.]
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact: