Agri Commercial Services Limited (herein referred to as ACSL) is a commercial agricultural production and processing company operating to achieve optimal profitability. The current crop portfolio is Tomato, Chili Pepper, Onion, African Egg Plant/Garden Eggs and Okra. Apart from tomato which is done in the green house (high tunnels) and open field the rest of the crops are grown in the open field.
The company desires to employ the services of a skilled person with a good attitude (e.g. operating professionally, respecting and working with other colleagues in the team-not given to superiority complex, tolerant of other opinions and views, respecting company rules and regulations and SOPs, etc)
a. High Energy
b. Good Skills in Vegetable Agronomy and Commercial Farming Management.
c. High Integrity
Good analytical and inquisitive mindset to explore reasons, ask the why, what, how and be objective-driven.
The company’s STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOPs) will be deployed for production. However, He/She can propose changes. If accepted after review and/or testing the SOP will be amended accordingly.
- The person will be involved in the preparation of the annual and seasonal production plan of the company. His appreciation of the drivers of production (e.g. market demand, weather-rainy or dry seasons, seed varieties adaptability to the agro-ecological area of ACSL) drivers is a must.
- He/She will supervise the actual production activities of the company, which are :
a. Nursery Management
b. Land Selection and timeous land Preparation
c. Selection of suitable seed varieties to meet market demand and weather patterns of the season.
d. Irrigation and Fertilization.
e. Pests and Diseases Management Control.
f. Other Field Cultural Practices
g. Harvesting, Sorting and Grading.
h. Delivery to Customers
i. Prepare weekly Activity reports based on company’s standard formats.
j. Participate in weekly production and performance evaluation meetings.
Skill Sets Required
- BSc or Diploma in Agriculture (General Agriculture, Crop Science, Horticulture etc) or BSc Degree in the basic sciences
- Good skills in vegetable production and reasonable experience (minimum of 2 years) in vegetable production and vegetable production management in a commercial farm environment is necessary.
- Good inter-personal skills are essential for this job as the person will be working with people of similar skills and unskilled casual/contract workers some of whom may be illiterates.
- Computer literacy is a must. Knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT) is necessary in submitting reports and making presentations to the Board of Directors.
Remuneration is based on academic qualification and most importantly your relevant experiences and attitudes. The person must be willing to operate to set minimum targets and the use of such targets as a basis of remuneration. We have done in the past the following:
- GH₵750.00-GH₵1,200.00 per month. Plus the following standard benefits:
- Free Accommodation with some furnishing (e.g Bed with mattress, gas cooker and gas cyclinder etc)
- Free transport to work and back home.
- Free Lunch whilst at work.
- Performance Bonus and Sanctions based on yield and quality target achievements.
- Career progression possibilities to become a supplier-contractor on the company’s services provided lands or an independent supplier if the person so wishes.
- Promotion to managerial position exists as the company grows to utilize its own vegetable processing plant in 3 years’ time-frame.