CDO is seeking a young, imaginative and highly competent Research officer to help promote and expand its various agriculture projects to promote holistic and integrated development in West Africa. The position will be based in CDO’s Accra office. The incumbent will work under the general supervision of the Country Director.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Undertake research in response to research questions that may be determined by CDO.
- Compile comprehensive bibliographies, complete with the links, used in the analysis for the evidence reports as part of the research activity.
- Deliver a presentation of the results of the research to identifiable stakeholders.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings to develop valuable insights and strategic recommendations.
- Synthesize results from the research activities and compile evidence reports for consumption by the agri-business Investor community.
- Contribute to CDO’s Knowledge and Dissemination Frameworks through the drafting and completion of various agriculture-related projects on the ground and their impact on decision making at the local and central levels.
- Liaise with donors, technical assistance organizations, national, agricultural research organizations and networks on initiatives and activities to improve agricultural research.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification and Requirements
- Advanced degree in agricultural economics, agribusiness or agriculture.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in undertaking research in the areas targeted by CDO programme and in producing research outputs from the different research categories;
- Solid research skills and must prove in his or her CV with examples of research conducted
- Strong cross sectoral experience (international agricultural development and business, agri-food and investment finance), will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality and analytical research reports for nonacademic audiences;
- Strong understanding of, and familiarity with, agri-impact investment and Development Finance Institutions investing in agri-business, as well as the global investor landscape investing in Agri-SMEs;
- Experience and skill in use of analytical approaches that aim to provide understanding of differentiated impacts of development outcomes including GESI considerations.
- All applications must be submitted online.
- Please submit your CV and cover letter to the recruiting team at: email@example.com.
- Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- CDO shall only contact applicants shortlisted for this position. If you do not receive any feedback from the recruiting team after a week from the deadline, it means you were not successful for this particular position.
Equal Opportunity and Employment Policy
CDO’s hiring policy is geared to ensure that the organization hires employees without regard to their gender. CDO’s policy ensures that applicants for employment and career progression are considered solely on the basis of their relevant qualifications and competencies.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.