This position reports to the General Manager (GM). Core responsibility is ensuring business effectiveness through the provision of leadership for the business’ operational functions.
As part of the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of strategies, policies, processes and practices that will allow for the smooth/efficient running of daily operations of the business.
- Coordinate and supervises the working of the branch departments such as Finance, Marketing, Warehouse, and where applicable IT and logistics.
- Improve processes and practices in support of the business goals.
- Formulate processes that will allow for very efficient and smooth running of the organizational processes.
- Assist in developing customer orientation in all facets of the daily operations.
- Work with the IT team to ensure that the Branch has a robust and reliable IT system in place.
- Suggest and implement processes that will lead to output maximization.
- Monitor and ensure that set rules, regulations and processes are adhered to.
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, Logistics, Order level, sales processes etc.
- Come up with processes or ideas that will reduce risk.
- Has oversight of inventory, purchasing, sales, IT and logistics.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Knowledge in Operations Management, Finance, Entrepreneurship, and Information Technology.
- Expert planning, scheduling, and management skills in various information systems and technologies.
- Must have the ability to manage/supervise.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business areas, including production, inventory, and marketing.
- A minimum of a First Degree in Computer Science/ Business Administration/ Operations Management from an accredited university.